Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Processor Shopping Guide: 2011 [bestcomputersprices.blogspot.com]

Processor Shopping Guide: 2011 [bestcomputersprices.blogspot.com]

With the second-generation version, Apple shrunk down the unit, rebuilt it on top of iOS, removed its dependency on a separate computer, and dropped the price tag to $ 99, but the units were still stuck at 720p. The third-generation models, revealed ... Apple TV: Is Apple's 'hobby' finally ready for prime time?

A few years ago, choosing the perfect processor for your personal computer was a easy fix. You just had to compare the clock speed of available processor in the market. It was as simple as a 400 MHz Processor is faster than a 333 MHz one.

Today, clock speed alone fails to ensure the best processor for you. Introduction of multi core processors changed the scenario in processor market. Multi core processor with even a bit lower clock speed performing higher than a higher clocked single core processor.

Multi core processors equipped with different level and amount of cache memory yielding improved performance. Also processor manufacturers shipping their units with advanced technologies and features. This features like Intels hyper threading, turbo boost technology or AMDs HyperTransport™ Technology, Turbo CORE Technology boosting the processor performance in different ways.

So choosing the right processor which best suits your computing need is a bit tricky. This guide will make this easy for you by discussing the major areas to compare while shopping processor.

Manufacturers: Today the top and only 2 manufacturer of desktop computer processor are Intel and AMD. You have to choose any 1 of them. Both Intel an AMD offers various and latest processor family for entry level to high end Personal Computer. Each processor family of Intel and AMD has different versions targeting customers of different computing needs.

Clock Speed and Multi core functionality. So, its not the clock speed which gives the performance of a processor. Its today the number of core present in the processor. You Will find Intel Core i7-2600 Processor running at 3.4 GHz and Intel® Core™ i7-2600S Processor running at 2.8 GHz. It means Core i7-2600 Processor running faster than the Core™ i7-2600S Processor but both of their tourbo frequency is 3.8 GHz and they are designed for different power consumption and a slightly different performance. AMD Phenom II processors typically work at 3.6 Ghz with tourbo boost activated. Also clock-speed comparisons aren't valid when looking at different architectures.

You will still find single core processors but they are leaving markets. As both Intel and AMD is producing cheap multi core processors. Intel has entry level and mid range processors like 2nd generation core i3 and core i5 processors with high end core i7 and core i7 extreme edition processors. They basically dual and quad core processors featured with advanced technology like hyper threading and Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 making the processor act as combination of maximum 8 processor virtually. in other hand AMD with their Phenom II X2, X3 and X4 offering dual, quad and six core processors.

Cache Memory The Cache memory work as a buffer between RAM and CPU and helps the internal processing speed act faster. A L2 or level 2 cache m emory provides faster access recently accessed data, which lessens the computing time of the processing core. Bothe amount and multiple level of cache memory increases the processing performance. So while choosing your processor focus on higher amount and multiple level of cache memory.

FSB The FSB Front Side Bus specify how quick the processor communicates with the memory controller. This specification is present only on Intel processors, which have varying FSB speeds. A faster FSB means less time in RAM-intensive operations. Intel's newest chips use a 1,333MHz FSB. On AMD processors, the memory controller is located on the chip, giving the processor faster access to it.

64 bit Major 3d and video editing software's use the power of 64 bit computing. Also game developers today support and release 64 bit versions, so all of today's midrange and high-end processors from Intel and AMD support 64-bit instructions. Though the technologies have different names-Intel 64 and AMD64-they're same in all practical ways.

To take advantage of 64-bit software, you need to run an operating system that specifically supports the technology, such as the 64-bit version of Windows XP or Windows 7. You'll also want to look for applications and drivers compatible with 64-bit processors. A few 64-bit apps are available today, but even when running 32-bit software, multitaskers can still benefit from 64-bit processors' ability to address more than 4GB of RAM

Socket: While building your PC you must make sure that you choose a processor compatible with your mother board processor sockets. The Intel 2nd generation Core processor family support LGA1155 sockets and AMDs Phenom II family supports AM3 sockets.

Graphics specification: Both AMD and Intels processors today come with processing technologies targeting graphics. Advanced graphics technology for processo rs boosting the graphics performance and quality of HD vedio.

Conclusion: Through this guide we tried to guide you to your best CPU. At this time the Intel Core i7 processor is the market leader in performance and speed. Core i5 are the mid range and cut down version which lacks the hyper threding technology. The Core i3 family is the entry level and cheapest processors from Intel which offers almost everything that a standard personal computer requires. And the AMDs Phenom II and Athlon II families are always low in performance comparing to Intels CPUs but AMD offer the lowes price for each core meaning more core than Intel in same price.

Suggest Processor Shopping Guide: 2011 Articles

Question by : HP, Sony Vaio, or Mac? I'm looking for a new computer because my Dell Inspiron 1525 is going down the toilet [graphics card is shot, freezes, crashes, incompatibility issues (long story)]. I don't really care whether I get a desktop or a laptop, just as long as I get the performance I need. I usually do normal tasks like Word, Internet, YouTube videos, and small gaming such as Sims 3. Once I get the new computer, I would get more advanced games such as Skyrim. Thanks for the help. My preferred specs include: Intel i5 or i7, at least dual core if necessary (preferably quad) at least 2.4/3.0 GHz, any AMD graphics card, at least 4 GB RAM, at least 500 GB hard drive, any 13-17" laptop or 20-24" desktop. I would enjoy a Blu-Ray drive but I'm fine with a regular CD/DVD drive. My price limit is around $ 1300-1400. If I have to go above, I think my parents will split the price. So now for my choices so far... They go between HP, Sony, and, of course, Mac. I already went through Dell and found their computers a bit too expensive. Also, I just plain don't trust Dell after this disaster of a computer I'm using right now. I'd just appreciate some insight on each so I have a better idea of which is best for me. All of my options I had customized myself earlier. HP - I did some research on the opinion of HP's computers overall, and found them very negative. With that, I'm a little wary of buying from them. I just want to know for sure what the deal is with them... My laptop options are: 15.6" dv6t at $ 1134, 15.6" dv6tqe at $ 1229, and 17.3" dv7t at $ 1229 My desktop option is: 21.5" 220q at $ 1319. Sony Vaio - I actually didn't see much about Sony's overall reliability but the little I did see was positive. I want to know more about them before I make that decision... My laptop options are: 14" E Series at $ 1080, 15.5" E Series at $ 1070, 15.5" C Series at $ 1320, 15.5" S Series at $ 1390, and 16" F Series (2D) at $ 1380. Mac - Yes, I'm a huge Mac fan, and it would be amazing for me if I got one. I've seen all the the YouTube videos reviewing them, testing their performance, and they all have extremely positive results. I'll have BootCamp so I can use Windows applications and, most importantly, play Windows-only games (Skyrim, for one). My obsession and love for Apple, as well as others', would ween me towards this. I even have some refurbished options to save some money in case I go Mac. All of these are the latest 2011 Macs. Also, let me know if i should wait for the new set of MacBook Pros coming soon or the new iMacs coming this summer... My Refurbished laptop options are: 13.3" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Dual Core i7 at $ 1269; 15.5" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Quad Core i7 My Refurbished desktop options are: 21.5" iMac 2.7 GHz Quad Core i5 at $ 1249; 21.5" iMac 2.8 GHz Quad Core i7 at $ 1449 My New laptop option is: 13.3" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Dual Core i5 at $ 1318 My New desktop option is: 21.5" iMac 2.5 GHz Quad Core i5 at $ 1247 That's it! Let me know which of these may be the best or if you have your own recommendations. I'd appreciate the feedback so much. P.S. I think HP and Sony are having an online sale right now that ends in a couple days so a quick response would come in handy. Thanks a lot. EDIT: Sorry, the Refurbished 15.5" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Quad Core i7 is $ 1529. And one more thing: if I get the 13.3" MacBook Pro, would the Intel HD Graphics on it be enough for games like Skyrim or should I stick with AMD? Best answer for HP, Sony Vaio, or Mac?:

Answer by Rei
Use a macbook pro they have great graphics good processor cant get infected with viruses easily and are a bit cheaper than your pricerange. Also if you like games minecraft is SWEET!!!!

Answer by Steve
Macbook Air 1.6 / Macbook Pro (15) 2.5 4gb ram / Mac Mini 1.5 core solo

Answer by soccerguy
i would go with the mac because it is fast, barley gets viruses and you can install windows on it as-well as mac os-x. here is a tutorial on how to install both with a program called bootcamp(already installed on mac) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0XmBKrobik&context=C4b09eacADvjVQa1PpcFNk6FAso7sf-XwTvtOP0OGoMH0HVm73wE8=

[best desktop computer price 2011]

1 comments:

Post a Comment